FL SUN is growing! With new co-ops launching across the state and past co-ops wrapping up, we are helping more homeowners than ever go solar and become Florida’s solar champions. To do that, we’re looking for a new Program Associate to join the FL SUN team! A job description for the position is listed below.
About the Position
Community Power Network (including DC SUN, MD SUN, WV SUN, VA SUN, OH SUN, and FL SUN) is seeking a FL SUN Program Associate to support our FL SUN program. The associate will support the FL SUN Program Director in implementing solar co-ops and educational programs across the state.
The Program Associate will support the FL SUN Program Director in meeting program goals throughout Florida. The Associate is expected to travel across Florida to host public information sessions and to meet with co-op members, including a number of evening meetings.
The Program Associate will report to the FL SUN Program Director and will function as part of the larger CPN team. CPN staff will provide strategic oversight and support, helping to build fluency in our co-op model, technical solar knowledge, and our online tools (including Salesforce).
The position is full-time for one year, with the possibility of extending if funding continues to be available.
Qualified applicants will have at least two years work experience, a strong understanding of effective organizing techniques, an ability to develop relationships with community members and organizations, and a strong motivation to help grow this program. Must be comfortable learning how to utilize our Salesforce database, editing websites, and communicating with FL SUN members via email and phone. Solar knowledge is not required, but prior knowledge will be favorably considered. The Program Associate must be located in Jacksonville metro area.
Job Description and Duties
- Support FL SUN Program Director in day-to-day administration of the FL SUN program, providing additional support wherever needed
- Plan, organize, and conduct public information sessions and hold public meetings for solar co-ops and general solar educational activities.
- Work with community anchor partners to build new solar co-ops and implement other program goals. Develop strong constructive working relationships that will last the length of the co-op and evolve toward larger state level efforts.
- Support outreach strategies for each solar co-op, including identifying communication opportunities, developing modes of dissemination, establishing partnerships, Pursuing media opportunities, and planning web, print, online, phone and in-person outreach meetings.
- Recruit, nurture and empower individual volunteers to help implement outreach strategies for co-ops.
- Maintain back-office infrastructure and manage communication with FL SUN members
- Support co-op process of selecting a solar installer
- Plan and implement celebration parties after events and invite elected officials, disseminate pictures, and promote press coverage to build visibility of CPN and state networks.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Emily Stiever at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until 5/31/17.
Full health insurance and option to contribute to 403(b)
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English required, Spanish a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED